The new academic year begins on Monday 23 September, and we’re looking forward to welcoming all our new undergraduate and postgraduate students.
We’ll be sharing detailed schedules soon, but here’s the plan so far for Welcome Week events.
Monday 23 September
- 12.30 – 3.30pm: College enrolment for new BSc undergraduates, in Room 300, Richard Hoggart Building
- 12.30 – 4.30pm: College enrolment for new MSc/MA/MFA postgraduates, in Room 300, Richard Hoggart Building
Wednesday 25 September
11am – 1pm: Undergraduate induction events
- FOUNDATION YEAR, Room LG01, Professor Stuart Hall Building
- COMPUTER SCIENCE, Room LG02, Professor Stuart Hall Building
- BUSINESS COMPUTING, Room 306A, Richard Hoggart Building
- GAMES PROGRAMMING, Room 306A, Richard Hoggart Building
- CREATIVE COMPUTING, Room 219, Whitehead Building
- DIGITAL ARTS COMPUTING, Room 208, Whitehead Building
Thursday 26 September
All students are welcome to join us for a creative hackathon organised by Hacksmiths, our student-run tech society. Bring your laptop and a sense of fun.
- 11am – 3pm: Hacksmiths Hackathon, Weston Atrium, Professor Stuart Hall Building
- 3pm – 6pm: Undergraduate social event at New Cross House
Friday 27 September
Postgraduate induction event
- 1pm – 2pm: Tea and cake social, Whitehead Building foyer
- 2pm – 3.30pm: Welcome to the Department of Computing, Ian Gulland Lecture Theatre, Whitehead Building
- 3.30pm – 4.30pm: About your degree programme
- 4.30pm – 7pm: Postgraduate social event at New Cross House