I am a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) at the Department of Computing @ Goldsmiths, University of London. I am also an Honorary Research Fellow with the Department of Computing @ Imperial College London, where I obtained my PhD and was a postdoctoral Research Associate until August 2015 (iBug group). I obtained my MSc in Advanced Computing (Research Stream) from the same department at Imperial, and my Ptychion (BSc equiv.) from the Department of Informatics and Telecommunications @ the University of Athens, Greece. I have also been a Visiting Researcher @ the SEQAM Lab (Dept. of Computer Science, Rutgers).
My research interests lie at the intersection of Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Affective Computing (or, the automatic analysis of affective behavior). For more details, see my list of publications (Google Scholar).
- [June/2018]. Paper on Live Streaming for Multi-view Analysis of Emotional and Social Signals accepted @ the FDG'18 Twitch workshop.
- [June/2018]. Paper on Multi-View Highlight Detection in Game Streams accepted @ the Foundations of Digital Games 2018.
- [May/2018]. Paper accepted on Deep Learning for Complex Physiological Signals @ EUSIPCO 2018.
- [Oct/2017]. Paper accepted at the IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing (IEEE J-STSP).
- [Sep/2017]. I will be giving an invited talk at the Matrix and Tensor Factorization Methods in Computer Vision workshop at ICCV 2017.
- [Aug/2017]. Co-chaired the special session on Component Analysis for Computer Vision @ EUSIPCO 2017
- [July/2017]. Paper analysing the typing behaviour of patients with Parkinson's Disease accepted at Socinfo 2017.
- [Apr/2017]. Deep Canonical Time Warping accepted for publication at the IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence.
- [Apr/2017]. Awarded an NVIDIA GPU Grant.
- [Feb/2017]. I will be co-chairing the 1st Affect-in-the-wild Challenge, to be held in conjunction with CVPR 2017.
- [Dec/2016]. Paper Dynamic Probabilistic Linear Discriminant Analysis for Video Classification accepted at IEEE ICASSP 2017.
- [July/2016]. I am a Guest Editor for the special issue on "Human Behaviour Analysis in-the-wild" at the IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing. More info here, submission deadline 15 December 2016.
- [June/2016]. Co-chaired the "Affect in-the-wild" workshop @ CVPR 2016 along with Irene Kotsia, Guoying Zhao and Stefanos Zafeiriou (keynote by Aleix Martinez).
- [Mar/2016]. Papers Mnemonic Descent Method (MDM) and Deep Canonical Time Warping (DCTW) accepted @ CVPR 2016 (code for MDM available here, code for DCTW available here )
- [Mar/2016]. Paper @ ICASSP 2016 awarded with the IEEE Spoken Language Processing Student Grant
- [Jan/2016]. Paper on speech emotion recognition using CNNs accepted @ ICASSP 2016
- [Dec/2015]. Towards Deep Multimodal Alignment, presented at the Multimodal Machine Learning Workshop @ NIPS 2015
- [Nov/2015]. Robust Correlated and Individual Component Analysis, accepted at the IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence